This page is only visible to those with the link and is for our waiting list for booking Workshops from our waiting list
Workshop information is below and tickets are available at the bottom of this page.
The venue for this event is Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre (MCEC)
Social Thinking is back in 2020 with a whole NEW workshop offering! Missed out last time? Here’s just some of the feedback we received…
Please pass on to Michelle my profound thanks, today was a literal LIFE ALTERING day. It was a pleasure to meet you both and appreciate first hand the work Michelle does. Many thanks (Autism Support Coordination Team Leader)
Thank you so much for making the opportunity available to have Social Thinking in Melbourne. It was by far the best PD I have ever done. Not only was the content extraordinary but your organisation of the last few days was on point. Thank you again. (Occupational Therapist)
I Just wanted to say a big thank you to yourself, Michelle, Ryan and Carrie for the 3 day workshops. It was worth the trip from Copenhagen. It was absolutely fantastic. So thanks again. (International School Psychologist)
You really shouldn’t miss the next one, Michelle probably won’t be back in Australia for a couple of years.
There are three workshops available
- 1 x two-day workshop aimed at people who work with early learners
- 1 x one-day workshop aimed at teaching you how to assess social development issues and develop a treatment strategy
- 1 x one-day workshop aimed at helping you deconstruct your treatment strategies and improve outcomes for your students or clients.
Buy individual tickets, “Bundle” tickets and “Premium” tickets
You can purchase tickets to an individual workshop or “bundle” your ticket purchase to include several or all workshops for a 10% discount. You can purchase a ticket at the bottom of this page. Take your time to read all the information, it will help inform your decision. In purchasing a ticket we deem you to have accepted our Workshop Cancelation and Refund Policy and have read all the information provided on this page and in the links provided.
Not from Melbourne?
If you need to travel to Melbourne from interstate or overseas, we’ve created a package deal just for you. For a small additional cost you can purchase a “Premium” ticket which gives you full catering, reserved seating, access to discounted accommodation, a free airport transfer, book discounts, an invitation to a special event and a whole lot more! If you are travelling from interstate or overseas this a great option and terrific value for money. Even if you live in Melbourne, purchasing a “Premium” ticket is a great way to treat yourself and get access to catering and our discounts and offers. Premium tickets are great value!
Please note that catering i.e. food and beverages, ONLY comes with “Premium” tickets, all other tickets are non-catered. The Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre provides fantastic catering, which includes welcome tea and coffee, morning and afternoon tea and lunch. A Premium ticket also provides an opportunity to chat with the speakers during breaks!
School Purchase Orders
To register for any of these workshops using a School Purchase Order you will need to register via the website. When you get to the checkout chose the pay by Purchase Order option. You should provide us with your purchase Order Number when prompted for for that information, so organise the Purchase Order with your admin or finance area before you begin the registration process with us. The website will email your Tax Invoice and our bank details are on the Invoice. Information on School Purchase Orders HERE.
Parent/Carer/Student Sponsorships Available
The Social Mind does provide Sponsorship for parents or carers of a child who would benefit from the information provided in the workshop and are not employed in an area providing services related to the workshop topic; and
Full-time students who are currently enrolled in full-time study that will qualify them to work in an area related to the workshop topic but are not currently employed full-time in an area related to the workshop topic. Information on Parent/Carer/Student Sponsorship HERE. If you qualify for a “Sponsorship”, call The Social mind on (02) 5105 5262. Tickets as low as $150 plus GST per day.
Workshop 1 “Early Learners” – Monday 17 and Tuesday 18 February 2020
TOPIC: Teaching Social Thinking to Early Learners with Nancy Tarshis.
A two-day workshop for anyone working with early learners aged 4-7 yrs.
Workshop 2 “Dynamic Assessment” – Wednesday 19 February 2020
TOPIC: The Social Thinking Informal Dynamic Assessment – Learning to Assess Social Communication, Executive Functioning, and Problem Solving in Real Time with Michelle Garcia Winner.
A one-day workshop for anyone working with ages 4 – adult.
Workshop 3 “Case Journeys” – Thursday 20 February 2020
TOPIC: Case Journeys – Treatment Planning for Improving Social Competencies with Michelle Garcia Winner, Dr Pam Crooke and Nancy Tarshis.
A one-day workshop for anyone working with ages 4 – adult.
Ticket Price Tiers and Bundles
Buy your tickets early and save! We are offering four ticket price tiers, the earlier you purchase, the cheaper the ticket. Ticket prices increase through each price tier. You can obtain current pricing at the bottom of this page. All “bundled” ticket purchases attract a 10% discount, this discount has been included in the “bundle” ticket price. “Premium” tickets include a host of free and discounted inclusions and are the best value for money. The price tiers are as follows:
- Early Rate Tickets – for sales during November/December 2019
- Standard Rate Tickets – for sales during January 2020
- Ticket sales close 24 January 2020 or when the venue is full and all tickets are sold. This event sold out early last time so get in quick.
- Please note that catering i.e. food and beverages, only comes with “Premium” tickets, all other tickets are non-catered i.e. no food.
We are offering “Premium” tickets to this event. Premium tickets will appeal to those travelling from interstate or overseas to attend the event as it includes access to discounted accommodation, an airport transfer, full catering and much more. We have packaged this offer as a cost effective way to bundle a lot of services. Our Premium package is value for money! To find out what you get for no more than the cost of catering on top of the regular ticket price if you purchase a “Premium Bundle” ticket, click HERE. You pay for catering but you get much more!
Still have Questions?
This is where you will find all the information you need to know about the Social Thinking 4 day Workshop series to be held in Melbourne 17-20 February 2020. Take the time to read this information, it will tell you where to go on the day, the timetable for the day is there, what to bring etc, it’s all HERE.
How to Purchase a Ticket?
We’ve convinced you to come? I hope so, these are special workshops, life changing for some, and the content will definitely better inform the important work you do with kids who have social learning challenges. The speakers are world class. You purchase tickets at the bottom of this page. If you have questions about how to purchase a ticket, GO HERE for information that will guide you through the process, but in short, this is what you do…
To purchase a ticket, scroll down to the ticket option you want, add the number of tickets you wish to purchase to the box on the left, complete the registration form that appears when you add a number to the ticket box, then scroll to the bottom and click “Add to Cart”. Check your purchase on the next page then click “Proceed to Checkout”. Easy!
Ticketing Notes (the important stuff)
- All prices are in Australian Dollars and include GST.
- Please note that catering i.e. food and beverages, only comes with “Premium” tickets, all other tickets are non-catered.
- Venue capacity is limited and we expect tickets to sell out early.
- Our Workshop Refund and Cancelation Policy is here.
- In purchasing a ticket you are deemed to have accepted our Workshop Refund and Cancelation Policy.
- If you are purchasing a ticket from a country outside Australia our website does not display or charge the Australian Goods and Services Tax (GST).
- Your Tickets and your Tax Invoice/Receipt are emailed upon purchase. Tax Invoice is attached to your order confirmation email and tickets are sent in a separate email. You will then receive a “Welcome” email. Make sure you don’t mistype your email address (the most common mistake).
- Premium Ticket purchasers will be contacted after the purchase to outline the “Premium” benefits in more detail, including how to book at the Pan Pacific Hotel for a 15% discount. We will also confirm any arrangements we need to make on your behalf such as an airport transfer and any dietary requirements for catering.
Please Note: “Bundled” tickets are no longer available.