Superflex Takes On One-Sided Sid, Un-Wonderer and the Team of Unthinkables introduces readers to the Unthinkable One-Sided Sid, who uses his powers to make people talk only about their interests or themselves, and his sister sidekick Un-Wonderer, who uses her powers to keep people from thinking about others. In the story, the clever duo One-Sided Sid and Un-Wonderer are wreaking havoc at Social Town Elementary by invading the brains of kids and getting them to do or say things that show they’re only thinking about themselves and not others. Superflex to the Rescue! A multitude of lessons from the Superflex Academy teaches kids strategies for thinking about others and asking questions by using people files, boredom alerts, the Interest-O-Meter, Add-a-Thought, and much more. Short quizzes pop up throughout the book to reinforce learning, and teaching materials are included on a CD for easy printing.
This engaging book is part of our Superflex series which which is designed to help children learn about their own and others’ thoughts and behaviors, and practice strategies for self-regulation across a variety of situations. As kids learn strategies to defeat the Unthinkables and unexpected behavior, they strengthen their flexible thinking and are better able to self-regulate in challenging times.
Recommended Teaching & Learning Pathway
Before sharing this book with children, parents and educators need to start at the beginning, introduce core concepts, and work through the Superflex curriculum. Books should be introduced in this order:
- You Are a Social Detective!
- Social Thinking and Me
- Teach BEFORE or alongside teaching the Superflex curriculum if working with kids ages 9-12.
- Superflex: A Superhero Social Thinking Curriculum
Once kids have reached this point, you can choose from an array of Superflex products to teach depending on the concepts your kids need to work on. To dive deeper into strategies for overcoming the “Unthinkables”, move on to the books listed below. Buy them individually or as part of a discounted set!
Reinforcements in the SUPERFLEX Series
- Superflex Takes on Glassman and the Team of Unthinkables – Glassman over-reacts and easily shatters
- Superflex Takes on Brain Eater and the Team of Unthinkables – Brain Eater distracts us — Superflex keeps us on track!
- Superflex Takes on One-Sided Sid, Un-Wonderer and the Team of Unthinkables – One-sided Sid only thinks about himself, Superflex teaches how to think about others.
- Superflex and Focus Tron to the Rescue – Focus Tron is a “Thinkable” who helps kids use their focusing power to stay connected.
- Superflex and Kool Q Cumber to the Rescue – Kool Q Cumber is a “Thinkable” who helps kids stay calm when problems happen.
- Social Town Citizens Discover 82 New Unthinkables for Superflex® to Outsmart! – Introduces 82 new Unthinkables and 14 new Thinkables.
- Superflex Superdecks – a card games created to invoke your own superflexible thinking.
- Thinkables & Unthinkables Double Deck – the ultimate superflexible product to add to your Superflex teaching program.
- Superflex Bingo – Superflex® Bingo is a flexible, fun, and educational game!
- Superflex Unthinkables Poster – The poster serves as a visual reminder to reinforce your lessons about the “Unthinkables”.
- Superflex Thinkables Poster – The poster serves as a visual reminder to reinforce your lessons about the “Thinkables”.
- Superflex Music CD – there’s now music to go along with our popular Superflex superhero series.
- Superflex Super Sticker Collection: Thinkables & Unthinkables – Use these colourful Superflex stickers at home, at school and in the clinic.
- For parents and professionals to use
- For ages: 7-10+
- Published: 2013
- Publisher: Think Social Publishing
- Format: Paperback
- Pages: 84
- Item No: 2055