Superflex Takes On Glassman and the Team of Unthinkables introduces readers to a very persistent and sneaky Unthinkable named Glassman who causes people to have large reactions to small problems (or, shatter like a pane of glass). In the story, Aiden’s classmates are regularly visited by Glassman and have large reactions to small problems. Superflex to the rescue! The kids learn strategies from the Superflex Academy to figure out the size of the problem and the expected reaction size, and use calming self-talk and other strategies to find their Superflex inside and defeat Glassman! Short quizzes pop up throughout the book to reinforce learning.
This engaging book is part of our Superflex series which is designed to help children learn about their own and others’ thoughts and behaviors, and practice strategies for self-regulation across a variety of situations. As kids learn strategies to defeat the Unthinkables and unexpected behavior, they strengthen their flexible thinking and are better able to self-regulate in challenging times.
Recommended Teaching & Learning Pathway
Before sharing this book with children, parents and educators need to start at the beginning, introduce core concepts, and work through the Superflex curriculum. Books should be introduced in this order:
- You Are a Social Detective!
- Social Thinking and Me
- Teach BEFORE or alongside teaching the Superflex curriculum if working with kids ages 9-12.
- Superflex: A Superhero Social Thinking Curriculum
Once kids have reached this point, you can choose from an array of Superflex products to teach depending on the concepts your kids need to work on. To dive deeper into strategies for overcoming the “Unthinkables”, move on to the books listed below. Buy them individually or as part of a discounted set!
Reinforcements in the SUPERFLEX Series
- Superflex Takes on Glassman and the Team of Unthinkables – Glassman over-reacts and easily shatters
- Superflex Takes on Brain Eater and the Team of Unthinkables – Brain Eater distracts us — Superflex keeps us on track!
- Superflex Takes on One-Sided Sid, Un-Wonderer and the Team of Unthinkables – One-sided Sid only thinks about himself, Superflex teaches how to think about others.
- Superflex and Focus Tron to the Rescue – Focus Tron is a “Thinkable” who helps kids use their focusing power to stay connected.
- Superflex and Kool Q Cumber to the Rescue – Kool Q Cumber is a “Thinkable” who helps kids stay calm when problems happen.
- Social Town Citizens Discover 82 New Unthinkables for Superflex® to Outsmart! – Introduces 82 new Unthinkables and 14 new Thinkables.
- Superflex Superdecks – a card games created to invoke your own superflexible thinking.
- Thinkables & Unthinkables Double Deck – the ultimate superflexible product to add to your Superflex teaching program.
- Superflex Bingo – Superflex® Bingo is a flexible, fun, and educational game!
- Superflex Unthinkables Poster – The poster serves as a visual reminder to reinforce your lessons about the “Unthinkables”.
- Superflex Thinkables Poster – The poster serves as a visual reminder to reinforce your lessons about the “Thinkables”.
- Superflex Music CD – there’s now music to go along with our popular Superflex superhero series.
- Superflexible Me! Superflex Cape – This “Superhero” cape provides a fun way to help kids remember to use their superflexible thinking anytime, anywhere.
- Published: 2009
- Publisher: Think Social Publishing, Inc.
- Format: Paperback
- Pages: 67
- Item: 2293