This 2 x three hour workshop will be presented “live” online via Zoom US over two days at a time that suits those living in the SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE.
Part 1: Thursday May 20 20221 (three hours)
Part 2: Friday May 21 2021 (three hours)
Note: This workshop credits participants with 6 hours towards their professional development obligations.
Timings for BOTH days are as follows:
- 11:00am – 2:00pm New Zealand
- 9:00am – 12:00pm in NSW, Victoria, Tasmania, Queensland and Canberra
- 8:30am – 11:30am in South Australia and The Northern Territory
- 7:00am – 10:00am in Western Australia, Singapore, The Philippines, Malaysia
- 6:00am – 9:00am in Indonesia
If you are in the Northern Hemisphere we welcome your attendance. To give you an idea of the times:
- 4pm – 7pm Los Angeles USA on 19 and 20 May
- 4pm – 7pm Vancouver Canada on 19 and 20 May
- 4pm – 7pm Ontario Canada on 19 and 20 May
- 5pm – 8pm Alberta Canada on 19 and 20 May
- 6pm – 9pm Chicago USA on 19 and 20 May
- 7pm – 10pm Boston USA on 19 and 20 May (Ross is speaking from Boston at this time)
A Time Zone converter is here. Use Boston USA 7pm Wednesday 19 May as your starting point, then add your location for a time conversion.
The price displaying is in Australian Dollars. The price includes GST if viewing from Australia and is Tax free if viewing outside Australia (our website geolocates you). A Tax Free and exchange rate bargain if you are purchasing from the USA or Canada due to the low Aussie dollar!
Note: if you are still holding tickets from the cancelled 2020 tour and haven’t received my email, contact me via firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to register a group (any number registered at the same time) please email email@example.com and Peter will send you the discount code.
What you get
- A digital copy of all handouts will be emailed. This workbook contains all the OHP slides and all the handouts.
- A digital copy of your Attendance Certificate crediting you with 6 hours toward your PD obligations.
- A 15% Discount on any educational resource purchased from The Social Mind (Australia) website (training excluded), the discount code is printed on your ticket which will arrive by email. Note: Website Discount offer on resource purchases closes 30 June 2021.
- Six hours of instruction in how to use the Collaborative and Proactive Solutions (CPS) approach to behaviour from the author of The Explosive Child, child psychologist Dr Ross Greene.
What you will learn
Dr Greene will train participants in the use of his empirically supported model: Collaborative and Proactive Solutions (CPS). The CPS model has transformed thinking and practices in countless families, schools, private therapeutic practices, inpatient psychiatry units and juvenile detention facilities throughout the world and has been associated with dramatic reductions in adult-child conflict, challenging behaviours, disciplinary referrals, detentions, suspensions, seclusions and physical, chemical and mechanical restraints.
The CPS model represents a significant departure from discipline-as-usual: It focuses on solving problems rather than on modifying behaviour, emphasises collaborative rather than unilateral solutions, encourages proactive rather than reactive intervention, de-emphasises diagnostic categories and provides practical, research-based tools for assessment and intervention.
Participants in this workshop will leave with an understanding of the underpinnings of the model, its refinements over the past 8-10 years and practical assessment and intervention tools that can be brought back to and used in a diverse range of settings.
More information about Dr Greene’s CPS model can be found in the following YouTube link
Don’t forget to read the recommendations from past workshop attendees below. Scroll down.
All registrations must be made online via The Social Mind website.
- Preferred payment is via our website using Credit Card or PayPal upon online registration.
- For credit cards, click on the credit card button at the bottom of the PayPal page, you don’t have to have a PayPal account to make the payment.
- If you would like to pay via School Purchase Order or NDIS Self-Managed Plan or via a Plan Manager, you can also do that via our website. Click on “Pay by Purchase Order/NDIS in the checkout and the website will email you a Tax Invoice, our bank details are on the Invoice, payment will confirm your registration. This option is NOT available to schools outside Australia.
- More information about School Purchase Orders and NDIS Orders on our website here.
- If you have a payment question you can call The Social Mind office on (02) 5105 5262 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Purchasing Conditions (please read – in purchasing a ticket we deem you to have read and agreed to these conditions)
- Our Workshop Refund and Cancellation Policy: is here. In purchasing a ticket you are deemed to have accepted our Workshop Refund and Cancellation Policy.
- Purchases outside Australia: If you are purchasing a ticket from a country outside Australia our website does not display or charge the Australian Goods and Services Tax (GST). Our friends in Christmas Island and Cocos Keeling Island should contact us before purchase for GST information as our website understandably geolocates you within Australia and has not read the Australian external territories GST exemption policy due to it’s geolocation penchant. We have a work around just for you.
- Tax Invoice/Receipt: Your Tax Invoice/Receipt will be emailed upon booking, your Tax Invoice/Receipt comes attached to your order confirmation email. Make sure you don’t mistype your email address (the most common mistake). Check your Spam or Junk folder if you don’t receive our confirmation email straight away. Contact us if you can’t locate your Tax Invoice/Receipt.
- Access to Zoom: This workshop will be presented “live” online via Zoom US so you can attend from your home, your office, your school, either individually or as a team/group. Please be aware if you work in a school that blocks Zoom US, you will have to view the workshop using your personal web browser. We deem it your responsibility to find out if your school blocks Zoom US and your responsibility to take appropriate steps to view the broadcast. You can contact The Social Mind if you have questions – Contact us
- Recording: Please note that at this stage, this training will NOT be available for download or future viewings so must be attended at the times indicated.
- Sick or can’t access Zoom on the day: No refund will be provided if you can’t log on for technical reasons or are sick on the day, or if unforeseen circumstances arise at the last minute preventing you attending the workshop.
- Time Zones: We deem it your responsibility to log into the workshop at the correct time for your location. Times are indicated above, make sure you add the correct time for your location to your calendar.
- Purchasing books/resources: If you want to purchase books/resources we recommend you wait until after you purchase the workshop and you receive your ticket which will have the discount code. We will not refund you the discount amount for books/resources advertised for this workshop if you pay for books/resources at the same time as purchasing a workshop ticket or you do not claim the discount at the time of purchase, not having received the discount code is not a reason for claiming back the discount. You can however use the discount code to purchase subsequent resources from our website up to the expiry date of the discount code for this workshop. The discount code is on your ticket so wait to purchase resources until you receive your workshop ticket. Note: We understand that some people will need to include books/resources in their workshop purchase for reasons associated with School Purchase Orders or NDIS providers, we deem you to have decided to forgo the discount in order to process your School Purchase Order or NDIS claim.
- Reminder: Our Workshop Cancellation and Refund Policy is here. In purchasing a ticket we deem you to have accepted and agreed to the conditions outlined in our Workshop Cancellation and Refund Policy and read and understood all the points above (Purchasing Conditions for this workshop).
Still have a Question?
Call our office (02) 5105 5262 or email email@example.com
My personal recommendation
This workshop comes with my personal recommendation having used Ross’ model in schools, in my own practice, and when working with “at risk” kids and families. I even use the approach with my own kids! You’ll be inspired by Ross’ humanity and his insight. Peter Batten CEO The Social Mind. But don’t just rely on my recommendation, this is what others say…
Here are just some of the comments we received following the workshops Ross conducted in Australia 2018 and 2019:
With regard to Ross, WOW. So proficient, he makes it sound so logical and easy doesn’t he? Clearly it’s not easy, and it didn’t come about overnight, but the way Ross’ thinking has evolved to put in such a practical model for us all to use, that will ultimately have such important implications who all we work with…. well that’s just so commendable. Can’t wait to get “good at this” and apply it daily in my life, and in my practice at work. Cheers and thanks for making this happen.
Thanks for a great day, Ross. It was thoroughly insightful and enjoyable.
Thanks so much for hosting the workshop yesterday. It was super informative and my husband and I both feel we have a better understanding of the CPS model to support our 3 kids. I thought I’d cheekily offer our family if you need a volunteer case study for when Ross returns for advanced training!
It was an absolute pleasure attending Ross’s workshop yesterday – my brain is full, and inspiration overflowing! I am definitely interested in attending Ross’s advanced workshop in future. I would like to add a BIG thank you for organising and managing the event! You and your colleagues managed to make a big group still feel intimate, and your passion and respect for Ross’s work really shone through. What a joy it was!
Thank you so much for allowing me the opportunity to listen to Ross in Brisbane. He is truly an inspiration. I hope to be able to use some of the knowledge I have gained from the workshop in my classroom and at home with my own children. I have begun reading his book The Explosive Child and I am already learning so much.
Peter, Thank you again for brining such great PD to Melbourne. I have already changed my practise and met with a preschool team last night and removed the focus from behaviour management – we plan to try the ALSUP next week. I am also grateful for the reminder to include the children in the problem solving process – I know I do that in clinic sessions but possibly not enough in initial planning.
Thank you Peter! I thoroughly enjoyed the workshop.
Hi Peter, Thank you so much for organising Ross Greene to come out. The workshop was amazing and I am super inspired to give it a “red hot go”. Can’t wait for next year’s workshops so please keep me in the loop.
Hi Peter, Thanks so much for this organisation! I must say I have used 2 of the skills that he taught yesterday with 2 children in today’s sessions and although I am still grappling with the language I am mighty impressed with the process and the outcomes that we achieved with this, so nice to be reminded to just let things happen in the time that is needed. Looking forward to Ross’s next instalments.